Subject: Bug#1132: X2go rgb.txt follow up

From: "Town, Brian A. (GSFC-428.0)[Embedded Flight Systems, Inc]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 18:23:41 +0000

It appears the major issue was not actually x2go, as after running into the color problem on multiple systems that were built by others, using a fresh Centos/Rhel install made the colors work properly while using xterm. It seems there is something fundamentally wrong with the existing system in regards to how it's using the rgb.txt file and x2go connecting to it, though what that is right now I am not entirely sure.

Brian Town
Landsat 8
Goddard Space Flight Center
[sig]

---

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 19:53:08 +0100

Am 30.01.2017 um 19:23 schrieb Town, Brian A. (GSFC-428.0)[Embedded
Flight Systems, Inc]:
> It appears the major issue was not actually x2go, as after running into
> the color problem on multiple systems that were built by others, using a
> fresh Centos/Rhel install made the colors work properly while using
> xterm. It seems there is something fundamentally wrong with the existing
> system in regards to how it’s using the rgb.txt file and x2go connecting
> to it, though what that is right now I am not entirely sure.

So ... I guess that means compare /etc/*, compare list of installed
packages and package versions, compare individual scripts like .bashrc
(not sure if xterm has a user-specific config file somewhere as well),
check if LD_PRELOAD and if all else fails, check the ldd and strace
output of all the executables involved.

Sounds like a whole lot of work.  Hope you'll be able to figure this out.

In the meantime, can we close the bug, since you stated it's not
X2Go-related?

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243