Subject: Bug#1126: x2go session disconnects causing an issue with a program or caused by an issue with a program

From: Ulrich Langenbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 20:11:16 +0100

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.5.2-0~1205~ubuntu14.04.1
severity: critical

The session disconnects at some 'arbitrary' point in a way. Today I hit the 
issue whilest running the client in debug mode: x2goclient --debug and got 
this message (line 119 in the attached log):

x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:6014> Proxy wrote on stderr: "Error: Can't 
add a message of 4143380232 bytes to write buffer.
Error: Assuming error handling data in context [B].
Session: Terminating session at 'Sun Dec 18 18:48:08 2016'.

One of the instances of the program run within the remote session stopped 
working with an internal error.
Sometimes the session crashes completely so that also the servers X session is 
gone, although that might be a different issue.

I run an up-to-date Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS (kernel 3.13.0-105-generic, libc 
2.19-0ubuntu6.9) and X2Go Client 4.0.5.2 installed via 
http://ppa.launchpad.net/x2go/stable/ubuntu.

This is really annoying, especially as this may ruin some hours of work and/or 
compute. The bug seems to be only triggered by one of our most used EDA tools, 
Vivado, especially in its version 2016.2.

As this issue is probably complicated to reproduce, find and fix, a workaround 
is also very appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Ulrich