Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1125: Remote printing not working in Debian Jessie

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 19:48:37 +0100

Am 16.12.2016 um 20:41 schrieb JR:
> Package: cups-x2go
> Version: 3.0.1.3-0x2go1+git20161129.135+8.main.1
> 
> I tried printing on the local PC from the x2goclient without success.
> x2goclient gives no message.
> 
> I installed x2goserver-printing,  cups, cups-x2go and I  have installed x2go virtual printer. 
> 
> This happens to me only in Q4OS 1.18-Orion (Debian Jessie based). In Q4OS 2.2-Scorpion (Debian Stretch based) it works perfectly.
> 
> For more details, please give a look at:
> 
> http://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1261

I followed that thread and the reason why you can't print at all is
SystemD-related, not X2Go-related.  For various reasons, I don't think
too highly of SystemD, and I strongy doubt that we'll add a patch to
X2Go to fix something that is actually SystemD's fault.

Now, why you still can't print from Windows XP after applying that
configuration change, that's another issue, and one that will have to be
investigated.

Please check that the settings under Options/Settings/Printing match
between your Linux client (where remote printing works after applying
the fix) and your Windows client for your initial test.

After that, please try changing the Windows client setting to "View as
PDF" instead of printing directly.  If that doesn't work, either, then
you're either missing a default PDF viewing/printing application (you
can try SumatraPDF if you don't want something as bloated as Adobe
Reader) on the client, or there's something wrong in getting the data
processed.

For that, I would suggest running the debug version of X2GoClient.exe
and logging its output to a file, then attaching that file to the bug
report by e-mailing it to: [email-masked]

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243