Subject: X2GoClient setup aid/new user wizard

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 11:23:08 +0100

package: x2goclient
priority: wishlist

From a recent experience of getting a user walked through to their first
X2Go client connection, it might make sense to add a "New User Wizard"
that walks you through generating an SSH key pair (using either PuTTYgen
or cygwin's implementation of ssh-keygen on Windows, and native
ssh-keygen on Linux and macOS) and properly handling the key afterwards
(offering a default storage location depending on OS, displaying the
fingerprint, offering a Copy-Paste text field for the public key for
easy forwarding by e-mail, like PuTTYgen does, ...).

Also, a way to import sessions would be cool. That way, one could ship a
"sessions" file and have the client add the sessions contained in it.
Of course, this needs some clever idea how to handle conflicts, i.e.
when a session with the same [timestampID] or session name is already
present.
Or at least something like "if no sessions are configured on startup,
and there is a default_sessions file in directory $FOO, import it".

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243