Subject: Fwd: [Bug 1399281] [abrt] x2goclient: privatekey_from_file(): x2goclient killed by SIGSEGV

From: Orion Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 09:16:16 -0700

Package: x2goclient

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1399281

--- Comment #17 from Andreas Schneider <[email-masked]> ---
Please open a bug for x2goclient upstream to use the new PKI API of libssh and
not outdated functions.

http://api.libssh.org/stable/group__libssh__pki.html#ga1c8f84137606b1585006302499100ee0

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.
You are the assignee for the bug.

---

From: Orion Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2016 15:02:40 -0700

Also, the channel_* functions are deprecated.  You should use the new
ssh_channel_* api.

-- 
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager                     303-415-9701 x222
NWRA, Boulder/CoRA Office             FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                       [email-masked]
Boulder, CO 80301                   http://www.nwra.com

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 06:34:51 +0100

> http://api.libssh.org/stable/group__libssh__pki.html#ga1c8f84137606b1585006302499100ee0

Thanks. I'll take a stab at that probably some time next week.

Can't see the RedHat bug report - permission denied.

If possible please relay to Andreas that I wasn't aware these functions were
deprecated, because they aren't marked as deprecated in legacy.h. He'll probably
want to add the SSH_DEPRECATED macro.

If I'm not mistaken though, these are now wrappers around the new PKI functions.
It's not checking correctly for SSH_EOF, though, only for SSH_ERROR.

I've ported X2Go Client to use non-deprecated versions in the current master
branch some time ago, so the channel_* functions won't be used anymore with
4.1.0.1+, whenever that's released.

Mihai