Subject: On Ubuntu 16: After sucessfull SSH connection established; X2Go session does not start

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 20:24:06 +0100

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.5.1
Severity: grave

Version client side: x2goclient 4.0.5.1 on Ubuntu 16 XFCE+ssh server
Version server side: x2goversion delivers 4.0.1.20 on Ubuntu 16 
XFCE desktop

After a fresh installation of x2go on the server and client side without 
special settings or problems I try to just get an xterm. I have the 
following severe problem:

Running x2goclient with --debug shows sucesfull SSH connection 
established. But after this the exec channel closes with "Have stderr 
only, something must be wrong."

In the GUI a message "Cannot open display "default display"" shows up

The message SSH finished: raw output (stdout): "setxkbmap -option 
ctrl:nocaps" could be a hint that some error processing during login 
does not work ??

Any idea how to debug ??

I attached the whole log

best regards

Stefan Auracher

$ x2goclient --debug
x2go-INFO-1> "Starting X2Go Client..."
x2go-WARNING-1> "English language requested, not loading translator."
x2go-WARNING-1> "English language requested, not loading translator."
x2go-INFO-3> "Started X2Go Client."
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:513> "$HOME=/home/user"
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:2202> Reading 1 sessions from config 
file.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sessionbutton.cpp:325> Creating QPixmap with session 
icon: ":/img/icons/128x128/x2gosession.png".
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:2682> Creating QPixmap with session 
icon: '":/img/icons/128x128/x2gosession.png"'.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:2744> Starting session with key.
x2go-INFO-8> "Starting connection to server: 192.168.188.10:22"
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:2783> Starting new ssh connection to 
server:"192.168.188.10":"22" krbLogin: false
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:173> SshMasterConnection, host 
"192.168.188.10"port 22user "user"useproxy falseproxyserver ""proxyport 22
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:210> Starting SSH connection 
without Kerberos authentication.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:214> SshMasterConnection, 
instance SshMasterConnection(0x563296cc0fa0) created.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:450> SshMasterConnection, 
instance SshMasterConnection(0x563296cc0fa0) entering thread.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:486> libssh not initialized 
yet. Initializing.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:797> cserverAuth
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:812> state: 1

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1065> Trying to authenticate 
user with private key.

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1146> Authenticating with key: 0

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:662> User authentication OK.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:2878> SSH connection established.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:3160> Continue normal X2Go session
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:199> Executing remote command via 
SshProcess object 0: "export HOSTNAME && x2golistsessions"
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:204> this=SshProcess(0x563296da3e30) 
Running masterCon->addChannelConnection(this, ' 
"eff2bf61-7d95-48f0-b547-6f436ae59d1c" ', ' "bash -l -c 'echo 
"X2GODATABEGIN:eff2bf61-7d95-48f0-b547-6f436ae59d1c"; export 
PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin"; export TERM="dumb"; export HOSTNAME 
&& x2golistsessions; echo "X2GODATAEND:eff2bf61-7" ');
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1312> Locking SSH channel 
connection MUTEX.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1314> Passing new channel 
conenction object to channelConnections.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1316> Unlocking SSH channel 
connection MUTEX.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1504> Creating new channel.

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1508> New channel:0x7f6818010e20

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1539> Executing remote: "bash 
-l -c 'echo "X2GODATABEGIN:eff2bf61-7d95-48f0-b547-6f436ae59d1c"; export 
PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin"; export TERM="dumb"; export HOSTNAME 
&& x2golistsessions; echo 
"X2GODATAEND:eff2bf61-7d95-48f0-b547-6f436ae59d1c";'"

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1562> New exec channel created.

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1666> EOF on channel 
0x7f6818010e20; SshProcess object: 0
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1734> EOF sent.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1738> Channel closed.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:517> SSH finished: raw output (stdout): 
"setxkbmap -option ctrl:nocaps
X2GODATABEGIN:eff2bf61-7d95-48f0-b547-6f436ae59d1c
X2GODATAEND:eff2bf61-7d95-48f0-b547-6f436ae59d1c
"
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:523> Have stderr only, something must 
be wrong.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:528> SSH finished: false - "Cannot open 
display "default display"
" (0).
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:3549> "Cannot open display "default 
display"
"
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:1557> Close event received.

x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:1581> Quitting from tray icon and 
closing application.

x2go-INFO-6> "Closing X2Go Client ..."
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:1410> Saving settings ...
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:1419> Saved settings.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:1441> Waiting for the SSH connection 
to finish ...
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:716> SshMasterConnection, 
instance SshMasterConnection(0x563296cc0fa0) waiting for thread to finish.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1423> Disconnecting ...

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1434> Deleting channel 
connections.

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1442> Disconnecting session.

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1448> Deleting sockets.

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1455> All channels closed and 
session disconnected. Quiting session loop.

x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:720> SshMasterConnection, 
instance SshMasterConnection(0x563296cc0fa0) thread finished.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:52> SshProcess destructor called.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:727> SshMasterConnection, 
instance SshMasterConnection(0x563296cc0fa0) finished destructor.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:1443> SSH connection finished.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:744> libssh finalized.
x2go-INFO-7> "Finished X2Go Client closing hooks."
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:526> Destroying X2Go Client's main 
window.
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:529> Finished destructor hooks for 
X2Go Client's main window.
$