Subject: Bug 1116 solved

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 15:41:26 +0100

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.5.1
Severity: grave

The problem was similar to bug 1091
I solved it by removing the command setxkbmap from my .profile
The error handling should be improved. The error message
"Unable to open display" is here confusing. Better would be something like "got output on stderr during login therefor exit"

Thanks a lot: I installed x2go now the first time and it is running on Ubuntu 16 server + client; both with xfce

I still have problems with sound forwarding

======================================================
your answer
======================================================
Thank you for filing a new Bug report with X2Go.

This is an automatically generated reply to let you know your message
has been received.

Your message is being forwarded to the package maintainers and other
interested parties for their attention; they will reply in due course.

Your message has been sent to the package maintainer(s):
  X2Go Developers<[email-masked]>

If you wish to submit further information on this problem, please
send it [email-masked].

Please do not send mail [email-masked]  unless you wish
to report a problem with the Bug-tracking system.

-- 1116: http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1116 X2Go Bug 
Tracking System Contact [email-masked] with problems 
=================================================== My Bug report 
=================================================== Package: x2goserver 
Version: 4.0.5.1 Severity: grave Version client side: x2goclient 4.0.5.1 
on Ubuntu 16 XFCE+ssh server Version server side: x2goversion delivers 
4.0.1.20 on Ubuntu 16 XFCE desktop After a fresh installation of x2go on 
the server and client side without special settings or problems I try to 
just get an xterm. I have the following severe problem: Running 
x2goclient with --debug shows sucesfull SSH connection established. But 
after this the exec channel closes with "Have stderr only, something 
must be wrong." In the GUI a message "Cannot open display "default 
display"" shows up The message SSH finished: raw output (stdout): 
"setxkbmap -option ctrl:nocaps" could be a hint that some error 
processing during login does not work ?? Any idea how to debug ?? I 
attached the whole log best regards Stefan Auracher $ x2goclient --debug 
x2go-INFO-1> "Starting X2Go Client..." x2go-WARNING-1> "English language 
requested, not loading translator." x2go-WARNING-1> "English language 
requested, not loading translator." x2go-INFO-3> "Started X2Go Client." 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:513> "$HOME=/home/user" 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:2202> Reading 1 sessions from config 
file. x2go-DEBUG-../src/sessionbutton.cpp:325> Creating QPixmap with 
session icon: ":/img/icons/128x128/x2gosession.png". 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:2682> Creating QPixmap with session 
icon: '":/img/icons/128x128/x2gosession.png"'. 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:2744> Starting session with key. 
x2go-INFO-8> "Starting connection to server: 192.168.188.10:22" 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:2783> Starting new ssh connection to 
server:"192.168.188.10":"22" krbLogin: false 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:173> SshMasterConnection, host 
"192.168.188.10"port 22user "user"useproxy falseproxyserver ""proxyport 
22 x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:210> Starting SSH 
connection without Kerberos authentication. 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:214> SshMasterConnection, 
instance SshMasterConnection(0x563296cc0fa0) created. 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:450> SshMasterConnection, 
instance SshMasterConnection(0x563296cc0fa0) entering thread. 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:486> libssh not initialized 
yet. Initializing. x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:797> 
cserverAuth x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:812> state: 1 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1065> Trying to authenticate 
user with private key. x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1146> 
Authenticating with key: 0 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:662> User authentication OK. 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:2878> SSH connection established. 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:3160> Continue normal X2Go session 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:199> Executing remote command via 
SshProcess object 0: "export HOSTNAME && x2golistsessions" 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:204> this=SshProcess(0x563296da3e30) 
Running masterCon->addChannelConnection(this, ' 
"eff2bf61-7d95-48f0-b547-6f436ae59d1c" ', ' "bash -l -c 'echo 
"X2GODATABEGIN:eff2bf61-7d95-48f0-b547-6f436ae59d1c"; export 
PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin"; export TERM="dumb"; export HOSTNAME 
&& x2golistsessions; echo "X2GODATAEND:eff2bf61-7" '); 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1312> Locking SSH channel 
connection MUTEX. x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1314> 
Passing new channel conenction object to channelConnections. 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1316> Unlocking SSH channel 
connection MUTEX. x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1504> 
Creating new channel. x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1508> 
New channel:0x7f6818010e20 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1539> Executing remote: "bash 
-l -c 'echo "X2GODATABEGIN:eff2bf61-7d95-48f0-b547-6f436ae59d1c"; export 
PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin"; export TERM="dumb"; export HOSTNAME 
&& x2golistsessions; echo 
"X2GODATAEND:eff2bf61-7d95-48f0-b547-6f436ae59d1c";'" 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1562> New exec channel 
created. x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1666> EOF on channel 
0x7f6818010e20; SshProcess object: 0 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1734> EOF sent. 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1738> Channel closed. 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:517> SSH finished: raw output (stdout): 
"setxkbmap -option ctrl:nocaps 
X2GODATABEGIN:eff2bf61-7d95-48f0-b547-6f436ae59d1c 
X2GODATAEND:eff2bf61-7d95-48f0-b547-6f436ae59d1c " 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:523> Have stderr only, something must 
be wrong. x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:528> SSH finished: false - 
"Cannot open display "default display" " (0). 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:3549> "Cannot open display "default 
display" " x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:1557> Close event 
received. x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:1581> Quitting from tray 
icon and closing application. x2go-INFO-6> "Closing X2Go Client ..." 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:1410> Saving settings ... 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:1419> Saved settings. 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:1441> Waiting for the SSH connection 
to finish ... x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:716> 
SshMasterConnection, instance SshMasterConnection(0x563296cc0fa0) 
waiting for thread to finish. 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1423> Disconnecting ... 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1434> Deleting channel 
connections. x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1442> 
Disconnecting session. x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1448> 
Deleting sockets. x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:1455> All 
channels closed and session disconnected. Quiting session loop. 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:720> SshMasterConnection, 
instance SshMasterConnection(0x563296cc0fa0) thread finished. 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshprocess.cpp:52> SshProcess destructor called. 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:727> SshMasterConnection, 
instance SshMasterConnection(0x563296cc0fa0) finished destructor. 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:1443> SSH connection finished. 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/sshmasterconnection.cpp:744> libssh finalized. 
x2go-INFO-7> "Finished X2Go Client closing hooks." 
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:526> Destroying X2Go Client's main 
window. x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:529> Finished destructor 
hooks for X2Go Client's main window. $