Subject: bug#11: Forward USB using USB IP

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 14:23:35 +0200

Package: x2goserver
Severity: wishlist

[email-masked] (2011-10-21 14:24) hat geschrieben:

this topic already last year:
http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/x2go-dev/2010-September/001087.html

Recent linux kernel provide support for USB forwarding over IP (kernel
config: CONFIG_USB_IP_COMMON/CONFIG_USB_IP_HOST).

Has anyone tried to make use of this feature in conjunction with x2go?
Of course xygo *does* provide support for usb mass storage and printers.
But usbip appears to be a low level devices driver that should support
almost any device types.

Integration with x2go should not be too hard as x2go already supports
secure portforward/tunneling which is required by usbib (in untrusted
environments).

Have a nice day
Michael Hierweck

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb