Subject: Bug#1094: Info received and FILED only (Closing)

From: "X2Go Bug Tracking System" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 20:55:04 +0000

Thank you for the additional information you have supplied regarding
this Bug report.

This is an automatically generated reply to let you know your message
has been received.

Your message has not been forwarded to the package maintainers or
other interested parties; you should ensure that the developers are
aware of the problem you have entered into the system - preferably
quoting the Bug reference number, #1094.

If you wish to submit further information on this problem, please
send it to [email-masked].

Please do not send mail to [email-masked] unless you wish
to report a problem with the Bug-tracking system.

-- 
1094: https://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1094
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

---

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 20:55:04 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the x2goserver package:

#1094: When connected to a x2go server that has nVidia's binary drivers most software will segfault.

It has been closed by Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Stefan Baur <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

Subject: Closing
From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 21:53:06 +0100

Control: close -1
Control: archive -1

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243

Subject: When connected to a x2go server that has nVidia's binary drivers most software will segfault.
From: zingmars <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 20:37:23 +0300

Package: x2goserver

Version: 4.0.1.19

When I connect to a x2go server that has an nVidia GPU using nVidia's
binary drivers most software (such as Firefox, Thunderbird, Cheese,
Transmission GUI etc.) will segfault on launch.

This can seemingly be fixed by setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to
wherever the nVidia drivers are (i.e. for nVidia-361 drivers just run
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/nvidia-361" in the server's terminal.
Alternatively it seems that you can switch to the Noveau driver and the
issue won't occur, but this might not always be an option.

There's also a thread on ubuntuforums
(https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2337814) that also has a
video of this bug in action.

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 with MATE.