Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1089: Bug#1089: Bug#1089: x2go Ubuntu 16.04 and Fedora 24

From: Robert Dinse <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 17:06:21 -0700 (PDT)

I installed it but it broke a whole bunch of stuff.  For now I'm going
to attempt to put the old lib back until I can understand why all of this
broke.

dpkg -i libnx-x11-6_3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1_amd64.deb 
--auto-deconfigure
dpkg: regarding 
libnx-x11-6_3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1_amd64.deb containing 
libnx-x11-6:amd64:
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 breaks libnx-xcomposite1 (<< 2:3.6.0.0)
   libnx-xcomposite1:amd64 (version 2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1) is present 
and installed.

dpkg: error processing archive 
libnx-x11-6_3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1_amd64.deb 
(--install):
  installing libnx-x11-6:amd64 would break libnx-xcomposite1:amd64, and
  deconfiguration is not permitted (--auto-deconfigure might help)
dpkg: error processing archive --auto-deconfigure (--install):
  cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
  libnx-x11-6_3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1_amd64.deb
  --auto-deconfigure
# dpkg --auto-deconfigure -i 
libnx-x11-6_3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1_amd64.deb
dpkg: considering deconfiguration of libnx-xcomposite1:amd64, which would be 
broken by installation of libnx-x11-6:amd64 ...
dpkg: yes, will deconfigure libnx-xcomposite1:amd64 (broken by 
libnx-x11-6:amd64)
dpkg: considering deconfiguration of libnx-xdamage1:amd64, which would be 
broken by installation of libnx-x11-6:amd64 ...
dpkg: yes, will deconfigure libnx-xdamage1:amd64 (broken by libnx-x11-6:amd64)
dpkg: considering deconfiguration of libnx-xdmcp6:amd64, which would be broken 
by installation of libnx-x11-6:amd64 ...
dpkg: yes, will deconfigure libnx-xdmcp6:amd64 (broken by libnx-x11-6:amd64)
dpkg: considering deconfiguration of libnx-xext6:amd64, which would be broken 
by installation of libnx-x11-6:amd64 ...
dpkg: yes, will deconfigure libnx-xext6:amd64 (broken by libnx-x11-6:amd64)
dpkg: considering deconfiguration of libnx-xfixes3:amd64, which would be broken 
by installation of libnx-x11-6:amd64 ...
dpkg: yes, will deconfigure libnx-xfixes3:amd64 (broken by libnx-x11-6:amd64)
dpkg: considering deconfiguration of libnx-xinerama1:amd64, which would be 
broken by installation of libnx-x11-6:amd64 ...
dpkg: yes, will deconfigure libnx-xinerama1:amd64 (broken by libnx-x11-6:amd64)
dpkg: considering deconfiguration of libnx-xpm4:amd64, which would be broken by 
installation of libnx-x11-6:amd64 ...
dpkg: yes, will deconfigure libnx-xpm4:amd64 (broken by libnx-x11-6:amd64)
dpkg: considering deconfiguration of libnx-xrandr2:amd64, which would be broken 
by installation of libnx-x11-6:amd64 ...
dpkg: yes, will deconfigure libnx-xrandr2:amd64 (broken by libnx-x11-6:amd64)
dpkg: considering deconfiguration of libnx-xrender1:amd64, which would be 
broken by installation of libnx-x11-6:amd64 ...
dpkg: yes, will deconfigure libnx-xrender1:amd64 (broken by libnx-x11-6:amd64)
dpkg: considering deconfiguration of libnx-xtst6:amd64, which would be broken 
by installation of libnx-x11-6:amd64 ...
dpkg: yes, will deconfigure libnx-xtst6:amd64 (broken by libnx-x11-6:amd64)
(Reading database ... 3536507 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack 
libnx-x11-6_3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1_amd64.deb ...
De-configuring libnx-xtst6:amd64 (2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1) ...
De-configuring libnx-xrender1:amd64 (2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1) ...
De-configuring libnx-xrandr2:amd64 (2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1) ...
De-configuring libnx-xpm4:amd64 (2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1) ...
De-configuring libnx-xinerama1:amd64 (2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1) ...
De-configuring libnx-xfixes3:amd64 (2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1) ...
De-configuring libnx-xext6:amd64 (2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1) ...
De-configuring libnx-xdmcp6:amd64 (2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1) ...
De-configuring libnx-xdamage1:amd64 (2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1) ...
De-configuring libnx-xcomposite1:amd64 (2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1) ...
Unpacking libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) 
over (2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-x11-6:amd64:
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 depends on libxcomp3 (= 
2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1); however:
   Version of libxcomp3:amd64 on system is 2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 depends on nx-x11-common (>= 
2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1); however:
   Version of nx-x11-common on system is 2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-x11-6:amd64 (--install):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xcomposite1:amd64:
  libnx-xcomposite1:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xcomposite1 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xcomposite1:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xcomposite1:amd64 (--install):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xdamage1:amd64:
  libnx-xdamage1:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xdamage1 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xdamage1:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xdamage1:amd64 (--install):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xdmcp6:amd64:
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xdmcp6 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xdmcp6:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xdmcp6:amd64 (--install):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xext6:amd64:
  libnx-xext6:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xext6 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xext6:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xext6:amd64 (--install):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xfixes3:amd64:
  libnx-xfixes3:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xfixes3 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xfixes3:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xfixes3:amd64 (--install):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xinerama1:amd64:
  libnx-xinerama1:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-xinerama1:amd64 depends on libnx-xext6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-xext6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xinerama1 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xinerama1:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xinerama1:amd64 (--install):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xpm4:amd64:
  libnx-xpm4:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xpm4 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xpm4:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xpm4:amd64 (--install):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xrandr2:amd64:
  libnx-xrandr2:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-xrandr2:amd64 depends on libnx-xext6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-xext6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xrandr2 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xrandr2:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xrandr2:amd64 (--install):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xrender1:amd64:
  libnx-xrender1:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xrender1 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xrender1:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xrender1:amd64 (--install):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xtst6:amd64:
  libnx-xtst6:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-xtst6:amd64 depends on libnx-xext6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-xext6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xtst6 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xtst6:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xtst6:amd64 (--install):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.23-0ubuntu3) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
  libnx-x11-6:amd64
  libnx-xcomposite1:amd64
  libnx-xdamage1:amd64
  libnx-xdmcp6:amd64
  libnx-xext6:amd64
  libnx-xfixes3:amd64
  libnx-xinerama1:amd64
  libnx-xpm4:amd64
  libnx-xrandr2:amd64
  libnx-xrender1:amd64
  libnx-xtst6:amd64
# dpkg --configure -a
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-x11-6:amd64:
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 depends on libxcomp3 (= 
2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1); however:
   Version of libxcomp3:amd64 on system is 2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 depends on nx-x11-common (>= 
2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1); however:
   Version of nx-x11-common on system is 2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-x11-6:amd64 (--configure):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xdamage1:amd64:
  libnx-xdamage1:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xdamage1 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xdamage1:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xdamage1:amd64 (--configure):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xpm4:amd64:
  libnx-xpm4:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xpm4 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xpm4:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xpm4:amd64 (--configure):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xcomposite1:amd64:
  libnx-xcomposite1:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xcomposite1 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xcomposite1:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xcomposite1:amd64 (--configure):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xfixes3:amd64:
  libnx-xfixes3:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xfixes3 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xfixes3:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xfixes3:amd64 (--configure):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xrandr2:amd64:
  libnx-xrandr2:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xrandr2 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xrandr2:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xrandr2:amd64 (--configure):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xdmcp6:amd64:
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xdmcp6 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xdmcp6:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xdmcp6:amd64 (--configure):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xtst6:amd64:
  libnx-xtst6:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xtst6 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xtst6:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xtst6:amd64 (--configure):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xext6:amd64:
  libnx-xext6:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xext6 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xext6:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xext6:amd64 (--configure):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xinerama1:amd64:
  libnx-xinerama1:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-xinerama1:amd64 depends on libnx-xext6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-xext6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xinerama1 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xinerama1:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xinerama1:amd64 (--configure):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libnx-xrender1:amd64:
  libnx-xrender1:amd64 depends on libnx-x11-6 (>= 3.5.0.29); however:
   Package libnx-x11-6:amd64 is not configured yet.
  libnx-x11-6:amd64 (2:3.5.99.1-0.1+git20160913.1427+16.04.release.1) breaks 
libnx-xrender1 (<< 2:3.6.0.0) and is unpacked but not configured.
   Version of libnx-xrender1:amd64 to be configured is 
2:3.5.0.33-0~687~ubuntu16.04.1.

dpkg: error processing package libnx-xrender1:amd64 (--configure):
  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
  libnx-x11-6:amd64
  libnx-xdamage1:amd64
  libnx-xpm4:amd64
  libnx-xcomposite1:amd64
  libnx-xfixes3:amd64
  libnx-xrandr2:amd64
  libnx-xdmcp6:amd64
  libnx-xtst6:amd64
  libnx-xext6:amd64
  libnx-xinerama1:amd64
  libnx-xrender1:amd64

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
  Eskimo North Linux Friendly Internet Access, Shell Accounts, and Hosting.
    Knowledgeable human assistance, not telephone trees or script readers.
  See our web site: http://www.eskimo.com/ (206) 812-0051 or (800) 246-6874.

On Sun, 18 Sep 2016, Mike DePaulo wrote:

> Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 19:41:15 -0400
> From: Mike DePaulo <[email-masked]>
> To: Robert Dinse <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> Cc: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1089: Bug#1089: Bug#1089: x2go Ubuntu 16.04 and
>     Fedora 24
> 
> On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 5:28 PM, Robert Dinse <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>      Could you resend the URL, sorry I deleted.
>> [...]
> https://sunweavers.net/blog/node/46
>