Subject: Bug#1081: backing-store disabled with session type single application

From: Aki Ketolainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 17:32:09 +0300

(In my co-worker's computer it's something deeper than the desktop 
environment that causes these slow updates.
Both Unity and XFCE in his laptop have these slow updates.)

---

From: Aki Ketolainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2016 14:34:08 +0300

Any ideas what could be causing the slow updates on the terminal 
windows?

When my co-worker has for example two single windows opened from a x2go 
session and
he moves one, it takes up to 10 seconds for the other window to update 
its contents, if the windows were on top of each other. You can see a 
white area that is slowly drawn to update the window contents.

---

From: Aki Ketolainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 10:24:04 +0300

Looks like the bug #1010 
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1010 talks about
the same problem my co-worker is experiencing.

I'm using KDE on Kubuntu 14.04 and I only get a short white flash on the 
window below when its
contents are updated. We're using the same x2go server.

---

From: Aki Ketolainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 11:44:27 +0300

I tested different desktop environments and X2Go client's single 
application mode with two windows opened from the X2GO server.

Desktop environments that have fast window update speed:

- kde and lxde

Desktop environments that have slow window update speed:

- unity, xfce and mate

I'm open to any suggestions on how to test and fix this problem.

---

From: Aki Ketolainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 10:13:29 +0300

I realized that I've been not so clear about this report that I could 
have.

The desktop environments that I tested previously were on the client 
machine.

On the X2Go server I have XFCE installed and when using the single 
application
mode, I run XFCE's /usr/bin/Terminal as the application.

---

From: Aki Ketolainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 12:22:47 +0300

Single application mode on the Windows X2Go client also works fine.

The window updates when moving two windows on top of each other are as 
fast as on kde and lxde.