Subject: X2Go Client: top 24 pixels in fullscreen session do not respond to mouse clicks

From: Chris Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 20:27:00 -0700

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.5.1

I am trying to start a full screen X2Go session which 1. takes up the
entire display, and 2. responds to my mouse clicks everywhere in the
session, but cannot accomplish this with any combination of settings.

Client OS: Debian Jessie / 8 / Stable, GNOME 3 desktop environment
Client X2Go Client: 4.0.5.1 and 4.0.3.1
Server OS: Xubuntu 16.04 LTS
Server x2goserver version: 4.0.1.19
Server x2goserver-xsession version: 4.0.1.19

When I choose "fullscreen", I get different behavior intermittently:

1. The client spawns across the entire screen but the *top panel inside
the X2Go session* does not respond to any mouse clicks. I suspect the
panel in my GNOME session running the X2Go client (which occupies the
same pixels behind the panel inside the X2Go session) is stealing mouse
focus. My mouse pointer turns black instead of white when I hover over
the top 24 pixels or so, inside the X2Go session.

2. The client spawns what I would call a "maximized window". The top of
the screen is still consumed by the title bar of the X2Go window, and
the panel of the enclosing GNOME session in which the X2Go client is
running.

I have observed both cases 1 (most common) and 2 with X2Go Client
4.0.5.1, and only case 1 with X2Go client 4.0.3.1.

When I choose "Display 1" in the Input/Output settings, the X2Go session
displays only in the upper-left quadrant of my display; the rest of the
screen is black.

Thank you,

Chris Martin