Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1071: x2goclient(osx) ignores changes of command if changing only letter case

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 00:40:53 +0200

Am 10.08.2016 um 20:06 schrieb Xiao Zhang:

> There seems no way to correct such misspell. I had to delete and create
> a new session.

Have you tried entering a different command, say, "true", saving the
session, then changing it to the lowercase "firefox" entry and saving again?

Also, do check out the "Published Applications" feature, as it allows
you to offer not one, but several applications to your users, with a
single sign in and all running within the same connection.

By default, all applications in /usr/share/applications will be published.
If you want to restrict it to a subset, run this, as root:

rm /etc/x2go/applications
mkdir /etc/x2go/applications
chmod 755 /etc/x2go/applications

cp -a /usr/share/applications/whateveryouwant.desktop \
      /etc/x2go/applications/

If you replace the "Categories=" entry in the *.desktop files in
/etc/x2go/applications with "Categories=X2Go-Top", you will end up with
a "flat" start menu, which may be more to your liking if you only wish
to publish a few apps. Make sure you're not operating on a symlinked
/usr/share/applications folder, though, or you will mess up your regular
desktop entries.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243