Subject: Bug#1068: x2goserver: Restart of x2goserver fails after upgrade because of misconfiguration in service-file

From: Carsten Kumke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 13:13:24 +0200

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.1.0.0-0x2go1.2~git20160807.1349+9.heuler.1
Severity: normal

Dear Maintainer,

I just upgraded x2goserver packages to 4.1.0.0-
0x2go1.2~git20160807.1349+9.heuler.1 on two systems. The installation
procedure ends up  on both machines  with a message thrown in 

systemctl status x2goserver

The message was: "x2goserver.service: PID file /run/x2goserver.pid not
readable (yet?) after start: No such file or directory"

   * What led up to the situation?

Simply apt-get dist-upgrade or (later) apt-get -f install

   * What exactly did you do (or not do) that was effective (or
     ineffective)?

Validating the fault I found that the
file /lib/systemd/system/x2goserver was wrong. 

Instead of line 7

PIDFile=/run/x2goserver.pid

it should read

PID-File=/run/x2goserver.pid

With this adjustment the server starts as expected. 

Yours sincerely

Carsten Kumke

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 4.6.0-1-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)

Versions of packages x2goserver depends on:
ii  bash                   4.3-15
ii  bc                     1.06.95-9+b1
ii  debconf [debconf-2.0]  1.5.59
ii  libfile-basedir-perl   0.07-1
ii  libfile-which-perl     1.21-1
ii  libswitch-perl         2.17-2
ii  libtry-tiny-perl       0.24-1
ii  libx2go-server-perl    4.1.0.0-0x2go1.2~git20160807.1349+9.heuler.1
ii  lsof                   4.89+dfsg-0.1
ii  net-tools              1.60+git20150829.73cef8a-2
ii  openssh-client         1:7.2p2-8
ii  openssh-server         1:7.2p2-8
ii  psmisc                 22.21-2.1+b1
ii  pwgen                  2.07-1.1
ii  x2goagent              2:3.5.0.33-0x2go1~git20160710.753+9.heuler.1
ii  x2goserver-common      4.1.0.0-0x2go1.2~git20160807.1349+9.heuler.1
ii  xauth                  1:1.0.9-1
ii  xfonts-base            1:1.0.4+nmu1
ii  xkb-data               2.17-1

Versions of packages x2goserver recommends:
ii  fontconfig             2.11.0-6.4
ii  sshfs                  2.8-1
ii  x11-apps               7.7+6
ii  x11-session-utils      7.7+2
ii  x11-utils              7.7+3
ii  x11-xfs-utils          7.7+2
ii  x11-xkb-utils          7.7+3
ii  x11-xserver-utils      7.7+7
ii  x2goserver-extensions  4.1.0.0-0x2go1.2~git20160807.1349+9.heuler.1
ii  x2goserver-fmbindings  4.1.0.0-0x2go1.2~git20160807.1349+9.heuler.1
ii  x2goserver-printing    4.1.0.0-0x2go1.2~git20160807.1349+9.heuler.1
ii  x2goserver-xsession    4.1.0.0-0x2go1.2~git20160807.1349+9.heuler.1
ii  xinit                  1.3.4-3

Versions of packages x2goserver suggests:
ii  pulseaudio-utils  9.0-1.1
pn  rdesktop          <none>

-- Configuration Files:
/etc/sudoers.d/x2goserver [Errno 13] Keine Berechtigung:
u'/etc/sudoers.d/x2goserver'

-- debconf information:
  x2goserver/upgrade-4_1_0_0:
  x2goserver/postgresql-upgrade-3_1_0_0: