Subject: Bug#1063: CreateDB fails with error `DBI connect('dbname=/var/lib/x2go/x2go_sessions','',...) failed`

From: Sivachidambaram Somu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 11:33:14 +0530

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.19-3.el6

Upon installing x2goserver, when "x2godbadmin" script is used with create
DB option, a DBI connect error is thrown by the script. As a result, upon
suspending/terminating the first session, the client refuses to reconnect
to the server displaying the error message given below.

*Complete Error Message:*

% x2godbadmin --createdb

DBI connect('dbname=/var/lib/x2go/x2go_sessions','',...) failed: unable to
open database file at /usr/sbin/x2godbadmin line 103

backend=sqlite at /usr/sbin/x2godbadmin line 103.

*System Details:*

Host type: EC2 Server

OS:

Amazon Linux Bare Metal
Release 2012.03
Kernel Linux 3.2.45-0.6.acc.624.45.283.amzn1acc.x86_64
GNOME 2.28.2

*Installation History:*

% sudo yum install x2goserver

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities, refresh-packagekit, security

Setting up Install Process

Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

 * dev-dsk-main: dev-desktop-repos.amazon.com

 * dev-dsk-updates: dev-desktop-repos.amazon.com

 * epel: epel.mirrors.ovh.net

 * nux-dextop: mirror.li.nux.ro

Resolving Dependencies

--> Running transaction check

---> Package x2goserver.x86_64 0:4.0.1.19-3.el6 will be installed

--> Processing Dependency: x2goagent >= 3.5.0.25 for package:
x2goserver-4.0.1.19-3.el6.x86_64

--> Running transaction check

---> Package x2goagent.x86_64 0:3.5.0.32-3.el6 will be installed

--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

==================================================================================================================================================================================

 Package                                     Arch
          Version                                          Repository
                      Size

==================================================================================================================================================================================

Installing:

 x2goserver                                  x86_64
          4.0.1.19-3.el6                                   epel
                      98 k

Installing for dependencies:

 x2goagent                                   x86_64
          3.5.0.32-3.el6                                   epel
                      16 k

Transaction Summary

==================================================================================================================================================================================

Install       2 Package(s)

Total download size: 115 k

Installed size: 329 k

Is this ok [y/N]: y

Downloading Packages:

(1/2): x2goagent-3.5.0.32-3.el6.x86_64.rpm

    |  16 kB     00:00

(2/2): x2goserver-4.0.1.19-3.el6.x86_64.rpm

    |  98 kB     00:00

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total
                                                                      119
kB/s | 115 kB     00:00

Running rpm_check_debug

Running Transaction Test

Transaction Test Succeeded

Running Transaction

  Installing : x2goserver-4.0.1.19-3.el6.x86_64

                      1/2

  Installing : x2goagent-3.5.0.32-3.el6.x86_64

                      2/2

  Verifying  : x2goagent-3.5.0.32-3.el6.x86_64

                      1/2

  Verifying  : x2goserver-4.0.1.19-3.el6.x86_64

                      2/2

Installed:

  x2goserver.x86_64 0:4.0.1.19-3.el6

Dependency Installed:

  x2goagent.x86_64 0:3.5.0.32-3.el6

Complete!

% sudo ls -lhrt /var/lib/x2go

total 16K

-rw-rw---- 1 root x2gouser 13K Jul 26 11:09 x2go_sessions

% x2godbadmin --createdb

DBI connect('dbname=/var/lib/x2go/x2go_sessions','',...) failed: unable to
open database file at /usr/sbin/x2godbadmin line 103

backend=sqlite at /usr/sbin/x2godbadmin line 103.