Subject: Bug#1058: Option to force new session when suspended session is present

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 09:25:03 +0200

package: x2goclient

priority: wishlist

Hi,

currently, when a suspended session is present and the parameters match
the ones specified on the connection that is about to be established, it
is silently assumed that a reconnect should take place.

We are thinking how this could be changed in a way that doesn't break
the current expected behavior, yet still allows forcing a new session in
parallel to the suspended one.

Possible options:

Adding ...

- a command line parameter

- a per-session setting

- a global setting

- some hack like

  - right-clicking the tile

  - right-clicking the OK button

  - an option in the pull-down menu of the tile

... to enforce a parallel connection when desired.

The solution we would currently prefer is:

- *always* show the reconnect dialog when a suspended session is present

- *if* there is exactly one matching session

  - preselect it

  - add a countdown timer to the OK button

  - once the countdown hits 0, pretend OK was pressed, and resume the
session

  - any click anywhere else aborts the countdown

- make 15 seconds the default value for the countdown 

  - add a global parameter (CLI and GUI) to set it to another value (0
equals "never assume reconnect")

  - add command line options --always-assume-reconnect and
--never-assume-reconnect
    (alternatively, allow -1 for the global parameter and treat that as
"always assume reconnect", and forget these two command line options)

Does anyone else have suggestions regarding this?

We have a customer willing to pay for improvements here, but would like
to channel the wisdom of the masses before implementing it.  Maybe
someone has an idea that would be even better?

Kind Regards,

Stefan Baur

-- BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt) Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364 Fon/Fax
0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243