Subject: armhf for debian jessie repo broken

From: Chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 07:27:05 +0200

As there is no comment on my report, I would recommend to disable the 
jessie armhf repo altogether.
It does have unresolved dependencies and therefore is an unusable debian 
repository.

Chris

---

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 11:53:44 +0100

Control: tag -1 not-a-bug
Control: close -1

> It does have unresolved dependencies and therefore is an unusable debian 

I'm closing up this bug report, although you're right. For any architecture
other than amd64 and i386, the Debian repository is unusable. The only packages
available for these architectures are noarch (i.e., binary-independent) packages
and hence the repositories are broken for these architectures.

On the other hand, we do not advertise support for anything other than
amd64/i386 on Debian Jessie and above.

This said, I also have good news: coming up we'll be serving Raspbian (not
Debian) packages for armhf in a separate repository. Currently this repository
is only for Raspbian Jessie and nightly X2Go packages, but I will be adding
release packages later.

Mihai