Subject: Re: Please test with just VcXsrv

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 15:35:36 +0200

Hello Mike,

I am not sure, how should I test just with VcXsrv,
I tested with different versions of x2goclient where
are also tried to replace directory x2goclient/VcXsrc
with different versions of VcXsrv.

The last attempt was

- x2goclient (4.0.5.0) / VcXsrv (1.14.3.2) - everythin OK

- x2goclient (4.0.5.0) / VcXsrv (1.15.2.8) - everythin OK

- x2goclient (4.0.5.0) / VcXsrv (1.17.0.0) - bad accented characters in
  clipboard

It looks like clipboard syncing would work only for iso8859-1
characters.

Best regards
Pavel

---

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 09:51:55 +0200

Hi Pavel,

> with different versions of VcXsrv.

As your experiments show, it is indeed a VcXsrv issue, and the way you
chose to debug it is totally OK.

What Mike#2 meant with "only VcXsrv" was that you should run a regular
SSH session with X-Forwarding (PuTTY can do that, for example), have
VcXsrv running, and start the application (in your case, LibreOffice) on
the shell prompt.  That way, X2Go isn't part of the equation and
whatever bug you're seeing must be caused by another component.

No need to try that for now, though, your test results should be
sufficient.  Mike#2 will let you know if not, I'm sure.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243