Subject: Bug#1044: Clipboard syncing - character encoding problem

From: [email-masked] (Pavel Hanák)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 18:49:13 +0200

Package: vcxsrv
Version: 1.17.0.0-3

Hello,

I use x2goclient mainly on debian, but I had also some older windows
version which worked fine. Now I wanted to upgrade windows version
to the latest versions (4.0.5.1-2016.06.05), because there are a lot
of important security updates.
But I noticed problem with syncing of clipboard content from
LibreOffice to windows. Some accented characters were uncorrect.
If I start the older version of x2goclient for windows, everything
is working fine.
Trying to find out more, I noticed, that the problems occurs
because of the newer version of vcxsrv.
My previous x2goclient used vcxsrv versions 1.15.2.2 and clipboard
syncing was without problems, the current x2goclient versions
uses vcxsrv 1.17.0.0 and syncing does not work correctly.

Any idea what could cause bad behaviour in the new vcxsrv versions?

Best regards
Pavel Hanák