Subject: Running virt-manager disconnects entire x2go session

From: "James Johnston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 05:56:50 -0000

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.1.19-0~1064~ubuntu16.04.1

When I try to run the virt-manager application from an x2go session in single
application mode, the entire x2go session appears to crash and is abruptly
disconnected.  I am inclined to blame this problem on x2go and not virt-manager
because of the following:

 * virt-manager runs just fine without issue under these conditions:
    * Running under x2go when using a window manager like jwm or icewm.
    * Running under tightvncserver with xrdp.
    * Regular X11 forwarding over SSH of virt-manager using MobaXterm.
   It is only when it is used with x2go in single application mode that there
   are problems.

 * Even if it is a virt-manager issue, it seems to me that a misbehaving
   application should not cause the entire x2go session to die.

Steps to reproduce:

1.  NOTE: Tested from within an Ubuntu 16.04 LXD container on Ubuntu 16.04 host.
2.  Install virt-manager package; I used latest 1:1.3.2-3ubuntu1.16.04.1
3.  Install X2Go Server as per
    http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:installation:x2goserver
    I used 4.0.1.19-0~1064~ubuntu16.04.1
4.  Also you should have some terminal installed, e.g. rxvt-unicode-256color
    package.
5.  On a client Windows PC running X2Go Client 4.0.5.0, set up connection,
    noting the following:
    a.  Session type: pick Single application, and "Terminal" from drop-down.
6.  Go ahead and connect.  At the terminal, type:
        virt-manager

Expected behavior:  virt-manager should open without incident.

Actual behavior:  The rxvt console window disappears.  virt-manager does not
open.  My connection is disconnected and I get the following error:

---------------------------
X2Go - 50
---------------------------
The connection with the remote server was shut down.
Please check the state of your network connection.

---------------------------
OK   
---------------------------

Best regards,

James Johnston