Subject: Bug#1028: VcXsrv windows xserver crashes when trying to resume a session with wrong screen resolution

From: Benjamin Shadwick <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 08:52:49 -0700

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.5.0

Error message:
"VcXsrv windows xserver (X2Go/Arctica Builds) has stopped working"

How to reproduce:
Start an x2go session using the Windows X2Go client, then suspend it. Now
change the resolution for the session and try to reconnect.

Expected behavior:
Well, it would be really, really nice if x2go could change the X11
resolution dynamically, a la VirtualBox/VMWare. Failing that, it might be
nice if x2goclient could query the resolution of the remote session and use
that, or else fail gracefully with a message telling the user about the
mismatch.

This is easily reproducible on Windows 10 Pro x64 client with Ubuntu MATE
14.04 LTS server.

---

From: "Collins, Brian (Vmax Dev Cork)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 13:26:29 +0000

Hi All,

As per bug report 1028:

I see the same without changing the resolution and I was wondering if there is a known fix. I see the X2Go Client says connected a little after resuming and some seconds later the Xcvrsvr icon flash up on the taskbar but immediately closes.

Brian Collins
Principal Software Engineer, Software Engineering, PowerMax OS Development
Dell EMC | Storage Division
IDA Industrial Estate,
Ovens,
Co. Cork

Internal Use - Confidential