Subject: xcodemap is missing on OS X 10.11

From: Sebastian Fey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 13:45:16 +0200

Package: x2go OS X client
Version: 4.0.5.1

After starting the x2go client, opening a connection and logging in, the 
client reports a missing "xmodmap" binary. The error message is attached 
at the bottom.

The xmodmap binary on my system is located in "/opt/X11/bin/xmodmap". 
The directory path was added to the $PATH variable, but unfortunately 
the client doesn't seem to read the $PATH variable. Due to the new "SIP" 
feature in the new OS X one is not allowed to write to the folders in 
which the client is looking for the binary (even with root privileges).

I'm running OS X 10.11.4 and XQuartz 2.7.8 (xorg-server 1.16.4).

Error message:

"xmodmap failed to start.

This likely means the binary is not available. The current search path 
is: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin X2Go Client will now terminate. File a 
bug report as outlined on the bugs wiki page 
<http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:bugs>."