Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1012: Bug#1012: Session reconnect doesn't work (x2gobroker)

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 10:58:34 +0000

Control: tags -1 not-a-bug
Control: severity -1 wishlist

Hi Stefan,

On  Di 22 Mär 2016 11:05:48 CET, Stefan Baur wrote:

> Wait ... is the step regarding the Postgres DB listed at
>
> http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:advanced:x2gobroker:loadbalancing
>
> and
>
> http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:advanced:multi-node:x2goserver-pgsql
>
> required even for the python broker?

Yes and no. If you don't have a multi-server farm (identical servers  
for load-balancing), then you don't need the PgSQL Setup at all.

> If so:
> a) Would it be possible to install the database server on one of the
>    X2Go server nodes?

The database can be installed on any machine that is reachable from  
the X2Go Servers.

> b) How can it be avoided that this database server becomes a single
>    point of failure?  Does Postgres support replication in a multi-
>    master way, so the database could reside on each node and they'd
>    sync their state?

Big DB implementations like PgSQL or MariaDB surely support clustering  
and replication. Never done that, but it is a non-X2Go task.

> -Stefan

Apart from the bug title, you don't provide a description about what  
your issue really is. Thus, tagging this bug with "not-a-bug".

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/mailxchange/kronolith/fb.php?u=m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de