Subject: Slow repaint on window move (single application)

From: Sebastian Loncar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 01:25:31 +0100

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.5.1

When connecting in single application mode, and you move the window by
dragging the title bar,  the app freezes. If you have two windows open, you
see on the windows behind the top window a very slow repaint (up to a
minute, depends on how long you moved the window before). After repaint,
the app works again.

This issue does not happen, if you maximize/restore the window or move them
to another monitor via keyboard shortcut.

Please see the attachment. I moved the xterm from the middle to the right,
i took the screenshot while the very long repaint process.

With this bug, the single app mode is nearly useless.

I'm using XFCE4 on Arch Linux.

---

From: Aki Ketolainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 10:29:49 +0300

Hi,

I noticed yesterday that disabling "show window contents while moving"
in Mate desktop and XFCE fix this behaviour. I haven't found the setting
to do this in Unity, though. Also KDE, LXDE and Windows on the client 
side
don't show this behaviour.

@sunweaver on #x2go on freenode commented that
"21:55 <@sunweaver> I guess a sustainabe fix is grabbing the window 
content client side and keep
                     that static pixmap until movement is over."

Best regards,

Aki