Subject: Bug#101: x2goclient: resuming "running" session fails

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 00:40:37 +0100

Hi Ezra,

On Mi 16 Jan 2013 14:46:27 CET Ezra Bühler wrote:

> Since commit 3335fca16afaa0792207228115e31630894dee71

there was a follow-up commit to the one you quote:

http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2goclient.git;a=commitdiff;h=a2d95c0c106923162bb510c88806b7384786b97d

> (X2Go resume session slot: double click on a selected session is  
> supposed to resume that session. To make this feature functional for  
> running sessions the session has to be suspended first.)
>
> resuming a "running" session (by double clicking it) is no longer  
> possible unless you press suspend first. On Linux I get following  
> error:
>
> "channel_open_session failed" :  "Received SSH_MSG_DISCONNECT:  
> 33554432:Received ieof for nonexistent channel 0."
>
> I am used to closing the client without explicitly suspending the  
> session. This leaves the session marked as "running". When I start  
> up the client again I want to be able to resume the session with the  
> least effort as possible. In my opinion the right way to achieve  
> this behavior would be to suspend the session when the client quits.

Unless you shoot the client with kill -9 it should indeed run  
x2gosuspend-session on the server before quitting. I would consider  
that as a minor bug, as well.

> In my opinion simply restoring the behavior we had prior to  
> 3335fc... would be wrong. Because when trying to resume a "running"  
> session the "resume" button in the session dialog dialog would not  
> be active, but resuming by double clicking still possible, which I  
> find misleading.

Double clicking the session should work. So should the resume button.  
Resuming of a running session should be a sequence of  
x2gosuspend-session call on the server and then a x2goresume-session  
call for that same session. Between the two calls you need some time  
for the session to change its state (couple of secs).

> Here the complete transcript of an attempt to resume a running session:
>
> [...]

If you could come up with a patch, that would be really helpful. The  
last patch you sent was accepted. So will be a follow-up patch (at  
least it's very likely!!!).

> Cheers,
> Ezra.

Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb