Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#100:

From: Christoph Mathys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:36:11 +0100

Package: x2goclient

The x2go-client seems to deadlock if I do a reboot/shutdown of the server.

Some time after I initiated the reboot of the server the client asks
if I want to terminate the session (because the servers does not
respond), which I answer with yes. Nothing happens.
When I try to close the session window, nothing happens.
When I try to close the session using from the x2go client window by
clicking the button to close the session, the client window itself
starts to hang and I have to kill it.

---

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 22:04:08 +0100

> The x2go-client seems to deadlock if I do a reboot/shutdown of the server.

<snip>

I can confirm this for 3.99.3.0 (with old PulseAudio), MS Windows 7.
Earlier versions are also affected, though I haven't tried them all to 
check if the bug was introduced somewhere along the road or has been in 
there from the very beginning.

The same error also occurs when network connectivity is lost or the 
client-side screensaver activates (not immediately, though - it seems to 
take a few minutes before it locks up).

Deadlock in this case means unresponsiveness *and* very high CPU load by 
the x2goclient.exe task (the "idle" task is at 0% and x2goclient at up 
to 99%).

-Stefan