Subject: downgrading libssh4 required when installing x2goclient on opensuse tumbleweed
From: Nikolai Maziashvili <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 13:23:58 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.2.1-1.7

Client machine: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Dear X2GO dev team,

I have encountered problem installing x2goclient on openSUSE Tumbleweed 
machine from "dedicated" repository: 
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/RemoteDesktop:/x2go/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/

Installing x2goclient results in zypper warning:

Problem: x2goclient-4.0.2.1-1.7.x86_64 requires 
libssh.so.4(LIBSSH_0.6.5)(64bit), but this requirement cannot be 
provided
   uninstallable providers: 
libssh4-0.6.5-23.1.x86_64[X11_RemoteDesktop_x2go]
  Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
   downgrade of libssh4-0.7.1-2.1.x86_64 to libssh4-0.6.5-23.1.x86_64
   install libssh4-0.6.5-23.1.x86_64 (with vendor change)
     openSUSE  -->  obs://build.opensuse.org/X11
  Solution 2: do not install x2goclient-4.0.2.1-1.7.x86_64
  Solution 3: break x2goclient-4.0.2.1-1.7.x86_64 by ignoring some of its 
dependencies

My initial thought was - if this is a dedicated x2go Tumbleweed repo why 
do they (x2go dev team) provide libraries already present on Tumbleweed 
systems (upstream) and why it is in older version. It only contributes 
to dependency problems...but then again, i have no idea if there are 
technical reasons for you to specifically provide older version of this 
particular lib... i do know that if i go ahead and downgrade libssh4 to 
get x2goclient installed on the system, very next system update will be 
hassle to do.
Again, without knowing x2goclient code, would it be possible to build 
rpm in such a way that it would require libraries from upstream repos 
instead of dedicated x2go repos, except, of course, those libs that are 
so specific to x2go that they are not present in "general" upstream 
repos.

Thanks,
Nikolai (and thnx for wonderful effort, amazing project you guys/gals 
have going there)