Subject: x2goserver: client-side folder sharing broken on Ubuntu 10.04
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 10:28:30 +0000

Package: x2goserver
Severity: normal
Version: 4.0.1.19

Hi all,

x2goserver: client-side folder sharing is broken on Ubuntu 10.04 since  
X2Go Server 4.0.1.19.

REASON:
-------

I just discovered that the "timeout" command that we have started  
using in /usr/bin/x2gomountdirs since 4.0.1.19 of X2Go Server is  
normally shipped via the essential .deb package "coreutils". Normally,  
it is not necessary to add dependencies for essential packages.

However, on Ubuntu 10.04, the timeout command is not shipped with the  
coreutils package but with a separate package called "timeout". There  
you have to explicitly install the "timeout" .deb package.

So, basically in X2Go Server's debian/control file we need to add

    timeout | coreutils,

under Depends: of bin:package x2goserver.

However, as Ubuntu 10.04 will reach End of Life probably before the  
next X2Go Server release will come out, I am unsure if we should still  
change this.

Please other devs give feedback,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb