Subject: Python X2Go for Mac OS X
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 21:05:48 +0000

Package: python-x2go
Severity: wishlist
Version: 0.5.0.1

Hi all,

below is a recipe to get Python X2Go flying on Mac OS X (up to 10.10).

Mike

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von Pedro Pinto <[email-masked]> -----
   Datum: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 14:01:32 -0700
     Von: Pedro Pinto <[email-masked]>
Betreff: Re: Python X2Go for Mac OS X
      An: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your help over the weekend.

> Have you had success already with monkey patching Xlib? Is the  
> nxproxy build working on Yosemite?

Indeed, with your help I was able to patch Xlib and recompile nxproxy,  
so that python-x2go works on yosemite!

> here is a short reminder message for sending me the diff between  
> Python X2Go 0.4.0.8 and your fork for Mac OS X.

My fork of Python X2GO 0.4.0.8 is quite modified to tailor the  
specifics of the product my company is working on
(https://www.lytmus.io/ <https://www.lytmus.io/>), but the basic  
changes to get it working on Mac and Yosemite are trivial, and I have  
included them below.
By the way, I’m happy to test the new release of Python X2go 0.5 over  
the next weekend, just let me know.

Python-Xlib 0.15rc1
Replace two instances of:
	host.startswith('/tmp/')   	——>         host.startswith('/')

NXproxy
Apply this patch and recompile:
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=nx-libs.git;a=commitdiff;h=b0727a02ff417b3983b10e02dbc1eb9a4878b2ac  
<http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=nx-libs.git;a=commitdiff;h=b0727a02ff417b3983b10e02dbc1eb9a4878b2ac>
Neverpanic helped me recompile nxproxy and nxcomp.

python x2go 0.4.0.8
You just need to specify the path to the nxproxy file on the Mac package.
The code below is specific to how I package my app (I use py2app).

     else:
	self.PROXY_CMD = "/usr/bin/nxproxy

	——>

         elif _X2GOCLIENT_OS == 'Darwin':
             if hasattr(sys, 'frozen'):    # if client app is frozen
                 self.PROXY_CMD = join(os.environ['RESOURCEPATH'], 'nxproxy')
             else:
                 self.PROXY_CMD = join(x2go_abs, 'contrib', 'mac’,  
nxproxy', 'nxproxy')

      elif _X2GOCLIENT_OS == 'Linux':
             if hasattr(sys, 'frozen'):    # if client app is frozen
                 self.PROXY_CMD = join(os.environ['RESOURCEPATH'],  
'nxproxy', 'start_nxproxy')
             else:
                 self.PROXY_CMD = join(x2go_abs, 'contrib', 'linux’,  
'nxproxy', 'start_nxproxy')

----- Ende der weitergeleiteten Nachricht -----

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb