Subject: packages broken
From: A <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 09:26:24 -0700

Package: x2goserver
Version: Since the wiki doesn't say, and I'm unable to install it - I 
don't know what version but I presume the latest?

CentOS 5

Transaction Check Error:
/usr/share/man/man3/Sys::Syslog.3pm.gz from install of 
perl-Sys-Syslog-0.27-1.el5.rf.i386 conflicts with file from package 
perl-5.8.8-41.el5.i386

Conversation in IRC:

[08:42] <geppetto> it's a packaging problem … yum can't see file conflicts
[08:42] <geppetto> the fedora policy is that if you have a file conflict 
you have to promote it to a real conflict
[08:42] <geppetto> but that's not QA'd :(

[08:43] <geppetto> don't use the .rf. repo? … use a newer perl from the 
.rf repo?

[08:43] <geppetto> Maybe install an older version of perl-SysSylog from 
the .rf repo. … if that doesn't have file conflicts

[08:48] <geppetto> Those packages are conflicting with the ones from 
your distro. … but using file conflicts