Subject: pyhoca-cli failing to resume an existing session
From: Chris Greenshields <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 08:57:10 +0000

Package: pyhoca-cli
Version: 0.6.1.2

With x2goserver 4.1.0.0-3, pyhoca-cli fails to resume an existing session.

For example with:
pyhoca-cli --username <user> --server <ip> -R <session ID>

Error message is:

pyhoca-cli[1269418] NOTICE: preparing requested X2Go session
pyhoca-cli[1269418] (PyHocaCLI) NOTICE: preparing requested X2Go session
pyhoca-cli[1269418] (x2gosessregistry-pylib) NOTICE: registering X2Go session Pyhoca-Client_Session...
pyhoca-cli[1269418] (x2goclient-pylib) NOTICE: initializing X2Go session...
pyhoca-cli[1269418] (x2gocontrolsession-pylib) NOTICE: connecting to [3.127.73.135]:22
pyhoca-cli[1269418] (PyHocaCLI) NOTICE: authentication has been successful
pyhoca-cli[1269418] (PyHocaCLI) NOTICE: give the X2Go session some time to come up...

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pyhoca-cli", line 455, in <module>
    thisPyHocaCLI.MainLoop()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pyhoca/cli/frontend.py", line 702, in MainLoop
    self.resume_session(self.x2go_session_hash)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pyhoca/cli/frontend.py", line 229, in resume_session
    if available_sessions is None:
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'available_sessions' referenced before assignment

An upgrade to x2goserver 4.1.0.3 does not fix the problem, since pyhoca-cli 0.6.1.2 fails with
"pyhoca-cli: error: the remote server does not have the X2Go Server software installed"
as in https://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1357