Subject: x2goclient terminates with "WARNING: failed to kill process group '<pid>': No such process
From: Seth Galitzer <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 13:58:37 -0500

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.0.0 and 4.1.0.1

When exiting x2goclient, after a pause of about 2 seconds, the following 
message is displayed to stderr:
WARNING: unable to send SIGTERM to process group '<pid>': No such process

About 10 more seconds later, the following message is displayed to stderr:
WARNING: failed to kill process group '<pid>': No such process

In some cases, the first message is not displayed, but the second one 
always is after about 10-12 seconds. The pid is the same in both message.

This seems to only affect 4.1.x clients. 4.0.x clients do not seem to 
have this behavior.

I have confirmed these results on the following platforms and builds:
Ubuntu 16.04 (xenial): x2goclient 4.1.0.0 
(4.1.0.0-0~1536~ubuntu16.04.1), installed from Launchpad PPA
Ubuntu 16.04 (xenial): x2goclient 4.1.0.1, compiled from source
Ubuntu 15.04 (vivid): x2goclient 4.1.0.0 (4.1.0.0-0~1536~ubuntu15.04.1), 
installed from Launchpad PPA
Ubuntu 15.04 (vivid): x2goclient 4.1.0.1, compiled from source
Debian 8.7 (jessie) 64-bit: x2goclient 4.1.0.1, compiled from source
Debian 8.7 (jessie) 32-bit: x2goclient 4.1.0.1, compiled from source

The following builds and platforms do not appear to be affected:
Ubuntu 16.04 (xenial): x2goclient 4.0.5.1 (4.0.5.1-1), installed from 
official Ubuntu repos
Ubuntu 15.04 (vivid): x2goclient 4.0.3.1 (4.0.3.1-4), installed from 
official Ubuntu repos
Debian 8.7 (jessie) 64-bit: x2goclient 4.0.3.1 (4.0.3.1-4), installed 
from official debian repos
Debian 8.7 (jessie) 32-bit: x2goclient 4.0.3.1 (4.0.3.1-4), installed 
from official debian repos

Seth

-- 
Seth Galitzer
Systems Coordinator
Computing and Information Sciences
Kansas State University
http://www.cis.ksu.edu/~sgsax
[email-masked]
785-532-7790