Subject: ValueError: CTR mode needs counter parameter, not IV
From: Markus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 11:47:13 +0100

Package: pyhoca-cli
Version: 0.5.0.4

Hi,

pyhoca-cli stopped working for me. I expected it to ask me for password,
but instead it raises an exception.

I don't know what happened, because this worked all the time. And I
think I didn't change anything.

The error message is: "ValueError: CTR mode needs counter parameter, not IV"

Used command:

pyhoca-cli --server xxxxxxx -u xxxxxx -R
xxxx-xx-xxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxx-session_xxxx

exact apt versions of my client:
pyhoca-cli 0.5.0.4-0~231~ubuntu16.04.1
python-paramiko 1.16.0-1

pyhoca-cli[16494] NOTICE: preparing requested X2Go session
pyhoca-cli[16494] (PyHocaCLI) NOTICE: preparing requested X2Go session
pyhoca-cli[16494] (x2gosessregistry-pylib) NOTICE: registering X2Go
session Pyhoca-Client_Session...
pyhoca-cli[16494] (x2goclient-pylib) NOTICE: initializing X2Go session...
pyhoca-cli[16494] (x2gocontrolsession-pylib) NOTICE: connecting to
[working]:22
No handlers could be found for logger "paramiko.transport"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pyhoca-cli", line 422, in <module>
    thisPyHocaCLI.authenticate()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyhoca/cli/frontend.py", line
455, in authenticate
    self._X2GoClient__connect_session(self.x2go_session_hash,
username=_username, password=self.args.password,
force_password_auth=force_password_auth)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/x2go/client.py", line 1367, in
connect_session
    sshproxy_force_password_auth=sshproxy_force_password_auth,
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/x2go/session.py", line 1322, in
connect
    **_params)
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/x2go/backends/control/plain.py", line
1001, in connect
    look_for_keys=look_for_keys)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paramiko/client.py", line 325,
in connect
    t.start_client()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/paramiko/transport.py", line
492, in start_client
    raise e
ValueError: CTR mode needs counter parameter, not IV