Subject: x2gothinclient init file probably logs wrong error message when string "text" is contained in /proc/cmdline
From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 18:36:55 +0100

package: x2gothinclient
version: 1.1.0.2
priority: wishlist

(Present in 1.5.0.0 as well, see git link below)

Hi, according to

https://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=x2gothinclient.git;a=blob;f=displaymanage
r/init/x2gothinclient-displaymanager.init;hb=d3ce68c710b4463fd43aa23a178
ad1eb6d2f5856

  62                 CONFIGURED_DAEMON="$(basename $(cat
$DEFAULT_DISPLAY_MANAGER_FILE 2> /dev/null))"
  63                 if grep -wqs text /proc/cmdline; then
  64                         log_warning_msg "Not starting GNOME
Display Manager (gdm); found 'text' in kernel commandline."
  65                 elif [ -e "$DEFAULT_DISPLAY_MANAGER_FILE" ] && \
  66                     [ "$HEED_DEFAULT_DISPLAY_MANAGER" = "true" ] &&
 \
  67                     [ "$CONFIGURED_DAEMON" != "x2gothinclientd" ]
; then
  68                         log_action_msg "Not starting X2Go Client
in TCE mode; it is not configured as default display manager"

This looks like it has been copypasted from a GNOME/MATE start script:
"Not starting GNOME Display Manager (gdm)"

Most likely, this should be changed to:
"Not starting X2Go Client in TCE mode"
as in the lines below.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

- -- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243