Subject: pyhoca-gui cannot display application menu on Debian Jessie
From: Ondřej Grover <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2016 08:18:26 +0100

Package: pyhoca-gui
Version: 0.5.0.4-0x2go1+git20150608.1318+jessie.main.1

Dear maintainers,

I installed the package pyhoca-gui from the X2Go Debian repositories (deb
http://packages.x2go.org/debian jessie main) on my Debian Jessie system.
When issuing a published applications session it connects and appears to
retrieve the application menu.

pyhoca-gui[21717] (x2gocontrolsession-pylib) NOTICE: querying server
(CENSORED) for list of published applications
pyhoca-gui[21717] (x2gocontrolsession-pylib) NOTICE: published applications
query for CENSORED finished, return menu tree

However, when I click the icon in systray, it throws an error in the
console (I ran it in a console to see log messages) and does not show
anything, but keeps running. Here is the full traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyhoca/wxgui/taskbar.py", line
153, in CreateSessionManagerPopupMenu
    self.menu_sessionmanager =
self.PopupMenu(menus_taskbar.PyHocaGUI_Menu_TaskbarSessionManager(self._PyHocaGUI,
caller=self,))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyhoca/wxgui/menus_taskbar.py",
line 1063, in __init__
    submenu=PyHocaGUI_Menu_TaskbarSessionProfile(self._PyHocaGUI,
caller=self, profile_name=profile_name))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyhoca/wxgui/menus_taskbar.py",
line 605, in __init__
    _category_map = _generate_Menu_PublishedApplications(self._PyHocaGUI,
caller=self, profile_name=profile_name,
session_name=_pubapp_session.get_session_name())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyhoca/wxgui/menus_taskbar.py",
line 499, in _generate_Menu_PublishedApplications
    _icon_bitmap = wx.BitmapFromImage(_icon_image.Scale(22,22))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-3.0-gtk2/wx/_core.py", line
2916, in Scale
    return _core_.Image_Scale(*args, **kwargs)
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "IsOk()" failed at
../src/common/image.cpp(429) in Scale(): invalid image

The published applications session works well with the x2goclient, so the
server is not at fault here. I also tested this on a Linux Mint system
where I installed pyhoca-gui from the X2Go Ubuntu PPA and there it worked
well. Therefore, I conclude that this has something to do with the Debian
Jessie wxWidgets library. The versions I have installed:

libwxbase3.0-0:amd64 3.0.2-1+b1
libwxgtk3.0-0:amd64 3.0.2-1+b1
python-wxgtk
python-wxgtk2.8
python-wxgtk3.0 3.0.1.1+dfsg-2
python-wxversion 3.0.1.1+dfsg-2
python2.7-wxgtk3.0

Kind regards,
Ondřej Grover