Subject: Xsession startup: LD_LIBRARY_PATH in STARTUP var breaks Debian/Ubuntu/Mint session startups
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:21:31 +0000

Package: xserver-xsession
Severity: important
Version: 4.0.1.19

Several /etc/X11/Xsession.d scripts on Debian and Ubuntu (and other  
derivatives) fail (don't get executed), because they try to detect a  
variable $BASESTARTUP from $STARTUP which gets set during the Xsession  
startup mechanism.

The detection code expects the session command (mate-session,  
startkde, xfce4-session, etc.) as the first element in $STARTUP when  
splitting the $STARTUP string at every blank.

As x2goruncommand prepends a LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the STARTUP command  
(for enabling Xinerama in X2Go sessions), this distro-specific  
detection mechanism fails.

Why report this issue to X2Go then (and not to Debian). Easy  
reasoning... With nx-libs 3.6.x, the Xinerama code will be completely  
rewritten and it won't be necessary to set a customer LD_LIBRARY_PATH  
anymore. Thus, we should make sure, your X2Go Xsession startups get  
aligned with distro-specific expectations.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb