Subject: Missing dependency for x2goserver rpm on RHEL 7.1
From: Shaheed Haque <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 11:22:02 +0100

Package: x2goserver
Version:
x2goserver-extensions-4.0.1.19-0.0x2go2.1.git20150608.1064.main.el7.centos.x86_64

Hi,

After installing a "minimal install" RHEL 7.1 system, I installed:

$ rpm -qa | grep x2goserver
x2goserver-extensions-4.0.1.19-0.0x2go2.1.git20150608.1064.main.el7.centos.x86_64
x2goserver-xsession-4.0.1.19-0.0x2go2.1.git20150608.1064.main.el7.centos.x86_64
x2goserver-4.0.1.19-0.0x2go2.1.git20150608.1064.main.el7.centos.x86_64

Only to find that arrow keys, cursor keys were not working. When I tried
x2goserver, it complained about not find the base rule. With a bit of
strace'ing, I found the missing file was /*usr*/*share*/*X11*/*xkb*/*rules*/
*base*.*lst*.

The fix was to install xkeyboard-config-2.9-4.el7.noarch, so this looks
like a missing dependency. Please consider adding this to the RedHat
packages.

Thanks for x2go!

Shaheed