Subject: "connection failed" "pscp" error with folder sharing
From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 14:02:31 -0400

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.3.2
Tags: build-win32

When the following conditions are met:
1. You are using X2Go Client for Windows
2. You are using Kerberos 5 (GSSAPI) authentication
3. Your server-side home directory is at a path other than /home/$USER

Upon connecting to an X2Go server, whether you have any folders shared
or not, you receive an error like:
Connection failed pscp: unable to open
/home/mike/.x2go/ssh/key.dK7060: no such file or directory
("Connection failed" is bolded)

Furthermore, shared folders are not actually shared.

If you attempt to share a folder after connecting, you receive the
same error message.

This bug appears to be a limitation of when Kerberos (GSSAPI)
authentication was originally introduced in x2goclient 4.0.1.2. It was
introduced in commit a77d761d on 2013-12-10.

I will push a commit that fixes this bug. However, it overrides all
paths like "~user" with "~".
In other words, it assumes that SshProcess::start_cp() will never be
used to upload a file to another user's home dir, unless that other
user's home dir is specified absolute.

As a side note, this bug is present under the default configuration of
SAMBA's winbind, which does support kerberos authentication. By
default, smb.conf has set:
template homedir = /home/%D/%U
Where %D is the domain name, and %U is the username.