Subject: defaults.py X2GOBROKER_SESSIONPROFILE_DEFAULTS height/width/fullscreen values prevents client from setting initial geometry on startup
From: Jason Alavaliant <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 22:01:27 +1300

Package: python-x2gobroker
Version: 0.0.3.0

In the same vein as the dpi issue noted in bug #834 the presence of 
default values for height, width and fullscreen in the 
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/x2gobroker/defaults.py   file under 
theX2GOBROKER_SESSIONPROFILE_DEFAULTS    section prevent the x2goclient 
--geometry option being used to set what default geometry size (or if to 
use fullscreen) to be set by the client even if the admin of the 
x2gobroker setup hasn't defined those values in the 
x2gobroker-sessionprofiles.conf file.

I'd suggest updating the 
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/x2gobroker/defaults.py file to remove 
the lines
"u'height': 600,"
"u'fullscreen': False,"
"u'width': 800,"
from the X2GOBROKER_SESSIONPROFILE_DEFAULTS section.

In my testing with those default value gone;

* If a height/width/fullscreen values are set in 
x2gobroker-sessionprofiles.conf (which is the default provided in the 
sample config file), then those values are used by the session 
overriding whatever the client has set as it's geometry option.
* If the values aren't set in x2gobroker-sessionprofiles.conf  and a 
--geometry command line argument ISN'T provided to the client then the 
x2goclient defaults of height=600, width=800, fullscreen=False are used 
resulting in the same behaviour as if the defaults previously defined in 
defaults.py were still present.
*  If the values aren't set in x2gobroker-sessionprofiles.conf  and a 
--geometry command line argument IS provided to the client it is then 
used and the user running the x2goclient can pick their own initial 
geometry to start with.

So in default cases having that default value removed shouldn't change 
behavior and it would allow people to configure their starting geometry 
if the x2gobroker admin has permitted it by not providing overriding 
values in the x2gobroker-sessionprofiles.conf file.

Thanks
Jason