Subject: X2Go Client / NX proxy window disappear when printing/viewing a CUPS-X2Go print job
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 12:53:05 +0000

Package: x2goclient
Severity: grave

Testing with various X2Go Servers (with PostgreSQL / SQLite3 sessions  
DB, with CUPS+X2GoServer on the same machine / on different machines).

Testing on the client-side (Linux only) with X2Go Client / PyHoca-GUI  
(nightly builds as of today).

What I observe with X2Go Client (Linux version):

   o I print something on the server
   o the X2Go Client print dialog pops up
   o I choose my preferred action (print to a printer, view as PDF)
   (a) PDF comes up in a viewer/gets printed, session stays intact (4  
of 10 attempts)
   (b) nothing happens with the print job, X2Go Client / NX proxy  
vanish (no segfault)

Thus, X2Go Client's client-side printing feature is currently not  
reliable, thus not really usable. The crashes are more producible on  
large PDF/print jobs.

It would be good to hear from others that use this feature, as well.  
Does it work for you? Did it work for you? When did it stop working?

I tested this with server-side setups that have been working in the  
past already. Package upgrade + test + see above.

Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb