Subject: Switch Windows builds from Cygwin Bash to Cygwin Dash
From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 08:56:37 -0400

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.3.0-2014.10.10-b0c3672

Since before I started maintaining the Windows Builds of X2Go Client,
we've been shipping Cygwin Bash.

Due to the recent Bash vulns and the required Cygwin Bash security
updates, I am thinking of switching us over to Cygwin Dash.[1] I would
simply rename ash.exe to sh.exe as part of the Windows build
process.[2]

A shell is required by Cygwin OpenSSH, which we also ship. woglinde
and I were discussing this on IRC.

<woglinde> mikedep333 dash should be okay
<woglinde> we only need a shell
<woglinde> there are no special shell scripts in the client
<woglinde> and unfornatly the ssh_force commnds needs the shell to
open the command
<woglinde> hm otherwise you always need a shell via ssh

[1] ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/x86/release/dash/
[2] http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:development:build-howto-mswin:x2goclient