Subject: NX agent dies not reliably remove socket files under /tmp/.X11-unix
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 18:05:23 +0200

Package: nxagent
Version: 3.5.0.27
Severity: important

17:02 < bigfoot-> hmmm.  x2goagent is started with  -extension XFIXES 
                  -nolisten tcp -nolisten tcp -dpi 96 -D -auth 
                  /fs/staff/hsc/.Xauthority -geometry 800x600 -name 
                  X2GO-hsc-51-1412262126_stDmyxfce_dp24 :51
17:02 < bigfoot-> :50 is the already running (first) session
17:03 < bigfoot-> and x2goagent dies with 
                  https://pbot.rmdir.de/tt64QL-NNXqZomZoahDhJg

[...]

17:08 < bigfoot-> woglinde: I had to remove remaining /tmp/.X*-lock and 
                  /tmp/.X11-unix/X* that were owned by other users.  Works 
                  like a charm again now.
17:09 < bigfoot-> iow, a reboot would've helped, too (if it cleans up /tmp, 
                  that is).  but that's a non-option on this machine.

[...]

17:23 <@sunweaver> please report it as a bug!!!!
17:24 < bigfoot-> I'm still investigating; seeing this issue again now.  The 
                  process is as follows:
17:25 < bigfoot-> - some user logs in, gets :50
17:25 < bigfoot-> - some user logs in, gets :50
17:25 < bigfoot-> - /tmp/.X50-lock and /tmp/.X11-unix/X50 are owned by him now
17:25 < bigfoot-> - user logs out, which doesn't succeed completely (due to 
                  some yet unknown reason; he's got a default xfce setup in 
                  his home)
17:26 < bigfoot-> - user logs in via ssh and kills all his processes via  
                  killall -u username
17:26 < bigfoot-> afterwards, x2go seems to assume :50 is free, but the two 
                  aforementioned files still exist
17:26 < bigfoot-> the next user gets assigned :50, but this fails as the user 
                  doesn't have the permissions to access these files
17:27 < bigfoot-> So, who (or, which part of x2go) is responsible for removing 
                  these files?  When does/should this happen?

17:51 < bigfoot-> sunweaver: this change seemingly only changes the output, 
                  does this have an effect on the cleanup stuff?
17:51 <@sunweaver> no
17:51 <@sunweaver> the fix is four smoothing out mkigration from 4.0.1.15 to 
                   higher...
17:52 <@sunweaver> though there could be unexpected side effects...
17:52 <@sunweaver> there also is a patch in NX I introduced lately...
17:53 < bigfoot-> ok, but how should the new x2golistsessions and 
                  x2golistsessions_root affect my issue with cleanup?
17:55 <@sunweaver> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=nx-libs.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/027_nxcomp_abstract-X11-socket.full%2Blite.patch;h=4f614338cd51e19e05de87d097d623065d826d56;hb=bddc7e0ba4cef393ce56f75d1eb03255fe5ac6e1

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B13
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de