Subject: Version strings like "4.0.2.0+build4" are not rendered properly in NSIS Windows installers
From: Michael DePaulo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 22:32:37 -0400

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.2.0
Severity: minor

Screenshot 2 under this album demonstrates this bug:
http://imgur.com/a/UlNjI

I've already determined an easy fix:
Switch from regular NSIS (2.46) to NSIS Unicode (2.46.5).
See screenshot 4 under that album.

Further justifications for switching to NSIS Unicode:
1. It appears to be better maintained.
2. Lots of major open source projects have switched to it.
3. If there does happen to be a bug, we can revert to regular NSIS
with almost no effort.*

regular NSIS:
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page
(Yes 3.0b0 is out, but that is a beta release of 3.0, so I am not
bothering to try it. 3.0 was in alpha until 3.0b0 came out in May 11
2014.)

NSIS Unicode:
http://www.scratchpaper.com/

*If the bug is caught after 4.0.2.1 is released, we would call the
build 4.0.2.1+build2. All that would be required is to change the PATH
under nsis-builder.bat (buildscripts.git) to correct future builds,
edit the version string on x2goclient.nsi, and re-run the .nsi script.
On our X2Go-WinBuilder VM, we keep each release's binaries, ready to
be packaged up by the corresponding .nsi script, under:
D:\Build\windows\ .