Subject: Cannot connect when user home folder contains a non-ascii character
From: Néstor Uribe-Patarroyo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 12:05:00 -0500

Package: x2go-server
Version: 4.0.1.12-0~809~ubuntu12.04.1

When the home folder of a user contains a non-ascii character (such as 
"á", or "é") I cannot initiate an x2go session. The error is:

Info: Connecting to remote host 'localhost:31004'.
Info: Connection to remote proxy 'localhost:31004' established.
Error: The remote NX proxy closed the connection.
Error: Failure negotiating the session in stage '7'.
Error: Wrong version or invalid session authentication cookie.
Session: Terminating session at 'Wed Jan 8 09:52:30 2014'.
Session: Session terminated at 'Wed Jan 8 09:52:30 2014'.

Login with ssh works normally.

After changing the home folder of the user to one with only ascii 
characters, initiating an x2go session was possible.

I am using Ubuntu 12.04.3 in the server, Ubuntu 12.10 in the client. 
Client version is 4.0.1.2.Both server and client installed from thePPA 
ppa:x2go/stable