Subject: Fwd: [X2Go-User] Fullscreen session stops working in unity
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Harvey Eneman <[email-masked]>, Markus Fritsche <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 21:40:05 +0000

Package: x2goserver
Severity: normal
Version: 4.0.1.8

Hi Harvey,

redirecting your message below into X2Go BTS... I have a fix waiting  
locally to be pushed into our Git, but I want to track this issue in  
our BTS, so that we later understand what we did...

Mike

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von Harvey Eneman  
<[email-masked]> -----
   Datum: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 19:34:03 +0000 (UTC)
     Von: Harvey Eneman <[email-masked]>
Betreff: Re: [X2Go-User] Fullscreen session stops working in unity
      An: [email-masked]

Markus Fritsche <fritsche.markus@...> writes:

>
> Hello, 
> I googled it, but didn't came up with a solution (probably due to wrong
searchterms). I am connecting to a x2go server just fine in fullscreen mode=..
When I minimize the session (using the top right hot corner) and go back, I
can't open the window after the second time I did that (minimize & reopen
the window). The session still seems to be working & valid, just I can't see
the window.
>
> I am using x2go-stable from ubuntu ppa on Ubuntu-13.10 with standard unity
(no tweaks). Did someone have a similar problem and solved it?
>
>
> Best regards, 
>
>   Markus
>
>
> <div><div dir="ltr">Hello, <div><br></div>
> <div>I googled it, but didn't came up with a solution (probably due to
wrong searchterms). I am connecting to a x2go server just fine in fullscreen
mode. When I minimize the session (using the top right hot corner) and go
back, I can't open the window after the second time I did that (minimize
& reopen the window). The session still seems to be working & valid,
just I can't see the window.</div>
> <div><br></div>
> <div>I am using x2go-stable from ubuntu ppa on Ubuntu-13.10 with standard
unity (no tweaks). Did someone have a similar problem and solved it?</div>
> <div><br></div>
> <div><br></div>
> <div>Best regards, </div>
> <div>
>   Markus</div>
> </div></div>
>

I had a similar issue and debugged it successfully.  The issue occurs
because the x2gostartagent script and the x2goresume-session script become
out-of-sync with respect to options file when fullscreen is used, i.e., the
x2goresume-session expects the geometry field to be in position 13.  The
fact that the geometry field is missing causes x2goresume-session to misread
the options file and subsequently corrupt it.  To resume a fullscreen
session, you may edit the options file to correct the corruption.  To
prevent the issue in new sessions, I edited the x2gostartagent script to
coerce it to include an empty geometry field.  Unfortunately, the post
service required splitting the diff lines but I think you should still be
able follow it.

258c258
< 	option_geometry="${X2GO_GEOMETRY}"
---
> 	option_geometry="geometry=${X2GO_GEOMETRY},"
262c262
<   X2GO_HOST="nx/nx,link=${X2GO_LINK},pack=${X2GO_PACK},limit=0,
root=${SESSION_DIR},cache=8M,images=32M,type=${X2GO_TYPE},id=${SESSION_NAME},
cookie=$X2GO_COOKIE,errors=${SESSION_LOG},kbtype=null/null,
geometry=${option_geometry},resize=${X2GO_RESIZE},
fullscreen=${X2GO_FULLSCREEN},accept=${REMOTE},listen=${GR_PORT},
client=linux,menu=0"
---
>   X2GO_HOST="nx/nx,link=${X2GO_LINK},pack=${X2GO_PACK},limit=0,
root=${SESSION_DIR},cache=8M,images=32M,type=${X2GO_TYPE},id=${SESSION_NAME},
cookie=$X2GO_COOKIE,errors=${SESSION_LOG},kbtype=null/null,
${option_geometry}resize=${X2GO_RESIZE},fullscreen=${X2GO_FULLSCREEN},
accept=${REMOTE},listen=${GR_PORT},client=linux,menu=0"
264c264
<   X2GO_HOST="nx/nx,link=${X2GO_LINK},pack=${X2GO_PACK},limit=0,
root=${SESSION_DIR},cache=8M,images=32M,type=${X2GO_TYPE},id=${SESSION_NAME},
cookie=$X2GO_COOKIE,errors=${SESSION_LOG},kbtype=${X2GO_KBD_TYPE},
geometry=${option_geometry},resize=${X2GO_RESIZE},
fullscreen=${X2GO_FULLSCREEN},accept=${REMOTE},listen=${GR_PORT},
client=linux,menu=0"
---
>   X2GO_HOST="nx/nx,link=${X2GO_LINK},pack=${X2GO_PACK},limit=0,
root=${SESSION_DIR},cache=8M,images=32M,type=${X2GO_TYPE},id=${SESSION_NAME},
cookie=$X2GO_COOKIE,errors=${SESSION_LOG},kbtype=${X2GO_KBD_TYPE},
${option_geometry}resize=${X2GO_RESIZE},fullscreen=${X2GO_FULLSCREEN},
accept=${REMOTE},listen=${GR_PORT},client=linux,menu=0"

_______________________________________________
X2Go-User mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/x2go-user

----- Ende der weitergeleiteten Nachricht -----

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb