Subject: Tag: patch
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 16:01:41 +0000

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.1.1

This email was sent to x2go-dev mailling list, but since it also refers a Bug, 
I am also filling a  bug report

Hi

I'm developing a program that will use X2Go software. I dont want
users to notice they are using any other program besides my own.

I have two problems right now:

A) X2GoClient
Using SHADOW mode with "--hide" does not work. The interface waits for
selection of Display (usually ":0") and, since there's no input from
user (there's no window) the program does not show anything.
There are possible ways of fixing/improving this situation:
-allow user to set the default display on sessions' file
-create one flag and run program like these: "x2goclient --hide
--sessionid=xxx --select-first-display"

Anyway, i modified the code of x2goclient/onmainwindow.cpp and added
these lines:
l4348:..if( shadowSession )
l4349:....slotShadowSess();
Compiled the program, and now i can run "./x2goclient --hide
--sessionid=xxx" and the window will show up.
This is NOT a fix, this is a nasty workaround. It wontn show the list
even when the "hide" flag is not present.

B) X2GoDesktopSharing
Just the icon on SystemTray. If we could pass a flag like "--no-icon"
would be great

I could do these simple changes on my own, but i rather see this
changes on the official code.

Thanks,
Marco Dinis