Subject: Xinerama not working on RPM based distros
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 06:58:52 +0200

Package: libnx-x11
Version: 3.5.0.20

Hi Jan,

quoting from IRC...

18:27 < dlmcob> sunweaver: regarding xinerama, I installed ubuntu  
12.04 and installed x2go server.
                 using the same client (fedora 19) it works fine - so  
it seems fedora19 x2goserver
                 is to blame

[...]

23:41 < dlmcob> Also, on fedora 19 server, the packaging is incorrect  
w.r.t paths in
                 x2goruncommand (for xinerama again)
23:42 < dlmcob> There is at attempt to "override" the libXinerama.so.1  
and libXinerama.so.1.0 by
                 creating a "special" directory with these .so files
23:42 < dlmcob> (which are actually links to libNX_Xinerama.so.1 etc)
23:43 < dlmcob> On ubuntu install, these links are created in  
/usr/lib/nx/X11/Xinerama
23:43 < dlmcob> and this path is hardcoded in x2goruncommand
23:43 < dlmcob> however, in fedora install, these links (and the  
directory) are never created.
23:45 < dlmcob> creating the directory by hand and creating the links  
by hand and it's working in
                 fedora 19 client and server (with the hack mentioned  
above still in place)

Can you take a look?

Thanks,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb