Subject: x2gobroker: Hostname is used instead of FQDN
From: Anders Bruun Olsen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 15:30:29 +0200

Package: x2gobroker
Version: 0.0.2.2

I am setting up a loadbalanced cluster of x2go servers with a broker in
front. There are thinclients on the LAN accessing the broker/cluster and
there will be users logging on from outside. Users on the LAN are served
term1.example.lan and term2.example.lan, whereas users from outside get
term1.example.com and term2.example.com. So far everything has worked fine,
but now I have started testing outside access, which does not work.
x2gobroker (with autologin) tells x2goclient to access term1 or term2 - it
leaves out the rest of the domain name. This works fine on the LAN, because
the machines there have example.lan set as their searchdomain, but machines
from outside can't resolve "term1" to "term1.example.com" and need to be
given the FQDN. Please note that the FQDNs is specified in the
sessionprofiles, but x2goclient still tries to resolve the short version of
the name.

-- 
Anders Bruun Olsen
It-ansvarlig
Det Danske Sprog- og Litteraturselskab
(Society for Danish Language and Literature)