Subject: x2gobroker-authservice creates logfiles that x2gobroker-daemon can not access
From: Anders Bruun Olsen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 15:03:38 +0200

Package: x2gobroker-authservice
Version: 0.0.1.0-0~334~precise1

When x2gobroker-authservice starts, it creates four files in
/var/log/x2gobroker: access.log, authservice.log, broker.log and error.log
(if they do not already exist). Because x2gobroker-authservice is running
as root, these files will be owned by root and have permission mode 644.
This makes them unwriteable to anybody but root. When x2gobroker-daemon
starts it will attempt to open at least /var/log/x2gobroker/broker.log, but
since x2gobroker-daemon runs as the user x2gobroker, it can't open that
file in write-mode. This makes the daemon exit without any error messages
when started by the init-system. It might be best to make
x2gobroker-authservice keep to it's own set of log-files to avoid this
problem. A work-around is to chown ownership of the files to the user
x2gobroker.

-- 
Anders Bruun Olsen
It-ansvarlig
Det Danske Sprog- og Litteraturselskab
(Society for Danish Language and Literature)