Subject: [packaging-Debian] x2goserver should depend on X11 font utilities
From: Dániel Kondor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 17:39:38 +0200

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.0.0.1-0~x2go1+wheezy~main~648~build1

Hi,

we recently installed the X2Go server to a headless server machine, which
does not have a normal X server installed. After installing the x2goserver
package and required dependencies we could not log in to the machine, the
relevant error in the logfile ('/tmp/.x2go-*/*.log) was:

Error: Aborting session with 'Could not open default font 'fixed''.

After manually installing the following (X server font handling related)
Debian packages, the problem was fixed: fontconfig, libxfont1,
xfonts-base, xfonts-encodings, xfonts-utils.

I suppose these packages should be a dependency of x2goserver?

The server has Debian Wheezy installed, the x2go server package was
obtained from the X2Go Debian repository:
'http://packages.x2go.org/debian/wheezy/main amd64 Packages'.

Regards:

Dániel Kondor